The Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS) Act 26 of 2007 as amended by Act 05 of 2015 advocate the stakeholders/general public on Animal Science issues that will guarantee scientific adequate production of wholesome animal proteins to Nigerians
In its bid to ensure advocacy, the ICT unit is a strategic unit under the Registrar’s Office, it majorly saddle with the task of data and resource gathered by all other departments which is filtered out and summarized to be disseminated as discrete information to the general public.
As part of the core mandate(advocacy mandates) of the Institute, the ICT form an important means of educating stakeholders on Animal Science issues that will guarantee scientific adequate production of wholesome animal proteins to Nigerians
Responsibilities of the ICT Officer in Nigerian Institute of Animal Science
– Prepare strategic and operational plans for the Information Communications Technology (ICT) department to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short- and long-term goals of the Company.
– Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the Institute’s information
– Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management.
– Develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the Institute’s ICT services to ensure that resources are used to provide best in class ICT services that are in line with organizational growth.
– Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and services vendors.
– Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with Institute growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements.
– Provide methods, tools and procedures for data integrity assurance and guarantee a daily operation.
– Ensure ICT systems comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
– Exercise control and monitoring of corporate ICT projects progress.
– Oversee ICT special projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for new system implementations.
– Ensure continuous improvement of the quality and cost efficiency of the ICT Services
– Lead a team of professionals within own area of control.
– Directs and supervises subordinates to ensure they fulfill their duties in the ICT function